There’s never been a more exciting time to be a part of the automotive technology industry. The average car rolls off the manufacturing line today with up to 100 computers, millions of lines of code, and the ability to connect to the cloud. This enables game-changing developments like autonomous vehicles and “smart” cars that can do everything from running your favorite apps to turning your house lights on before you even pull into the driveway.
Here at Abalta Technologies, we’re on the front lines of the automotive revolution, developing innovative connected car solutions for major automakers and suppliers all over the world. In fact, it’s safe to say that we’re pioneers in the car technology space, led by industry veterans who created some of the world’s first in-car navigation and mapping solutions. Today we offer a full suite of products and services that enable our customers to keep their cars connected to the future and offer drivers the ability to enjoy all their favorite apps and services in their vehicles.
Our success is a result of our ability to assemble a team of dedicated and passionate technologists who work hard, play hard, and never stop learning. We work in a fast-changing industry. All Abalta employees are encouraged to explore new technical areas and help us develop new solutions while sharpening existing skills working on our leading products and services. Our team members help each other become great software engineers capable of solving some of the hardest problems on the planet. Oh yeah, we’re also based in San Diego, California just a few miles from some of the most beautiful beaches in the country, and we make sure to get outside every once and awhile to enjoy our surroundings.
If you’re looking for a challenging opportunity to work on products and services that are re-shaping one of the biggest industries in the world, surrounded by a team of innovative and passionate software engineers in beautiful coastal Southern California, let’s talk. We’re looking for software engineers to join our core development team. Our ideal candidate is a creative self-starter with great drive and motivation who wants to work on exciting products that will be deployed by large global companies.
- Manage IT staff by recruiting and training employees, communicating job expectations, and monitoring performance.
- Monitor and own daily operations, including server hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Analyze department needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity, efficiency and accuracy
- Work with the information security team on the development of appropriate prevention, detection, and remediation systems and processes to meet those threats on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee the annual IT budget and ensuring cost-effectiveness.
- Coordinate technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Provide guidance or take part in the selection and the purchase of new and replacement hardware and software, when necessary.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and modifying information systems so that they operate effectively
- Assuring all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations
- Evaluating technology risks in order to develop a network disaster recovery plan, backup or information security procedures
- Remain up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices
- Track and maintain hardware and software inventory
The following are the mandatory requirements. The candidate must:
- 5+ years work experience as a Sr. IT Administrator or IT Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or a related field (BS or MS in CS, CE, or EE)
- Be a US citizen or have unrestricted and continuing employment authorization in the US
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be self-motivated
- Be able to anticipate problems, spot opportunities and take a proactive approach to responsibilities
- Be motivated to continue to learn new skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills to facilitate working within a team and with the customer
- Proven experience in managing IT infrastructure and services
- Experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation
- Proficient in computer hardware, cabling installation and support, wireless technology applications and interface, and IT security
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows software, including server, office, active directory management and power shell
- Proficient in Linux (Debian and Ubuntu) and administrating Linux based servers
- Proficient in administering AWS users including access management, management of cloud-based systems, budgets, spendings, etc.
- Management and leadership skills
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Microsoft Systems Administration/System Engineer certification
- CCNA or higher-level certificates