Connected Car, Autonomous Self-Driving Vehicle technologies, IoT, Embedded Application Development, Internet Radio and Mobile Apps are just some of the cool things we work on here at Abalta Technologies. We are pioneers in the navigation and mapping industry and have worked with over 60 global name brands since our inception. Our business is booming and our customers continue to want more from us. Abalta Technologies has a reputation for being extremely innovative and capable and we are seeking new team members who possesses these same qualities.
Founded in 2003 and based in San Diego, Abalta Technologies is a global leader in software design and development. Our employees experience the excitement of working in a fast growing and dynamic environment and the opportunity to work on some of the coolest tech in the industry.
Abalta Technologies success is a direct result of the team and culture we have created. Employees are afforded the opportunity to explore new technical areas while also sharpening their existing skills on the many leading-edge solutions we develop for our clients. Work as a member of a small team building next generation solutions in connected car and IoT. Our team members help each other become great software engineers capable of solving some of the hardest problems on the planet.
We are on the leading edge of connected car and mobile technology and seek job candidates that want to join the ranks of a successful, growing and dynamic software company.
If you have what it takes, Abalta Technologies is looking for software engineers to become part of our core development team. The ideal candidate is a creative self-starter with great drive and motivation to work on exciting and challenging projects.
You will also participate in the software development life cycle as a software developer. While working closely with members of the technical team, you will design and implement software as required by our customers. You will use modern tools and programming languages to help you accomplish your tasks.
- Software subsystem design and implementation
- Attend code and design reviews
- Interact with customers
- Help drive the technical direction of the engineering group in the following areas:
- Coding standards and guidelines
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Provide assistance to other engineers in a constructive manner that will promote productivity.
The following are the mandatory requirements. The candidate must:
- 2+ years work experience with Python; and C++ or Java programming languages
- 2+ years work experience with AWS and Docker
- Development experience with Flask or Django
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be self-motivated. Must be able to anticipate problems, spot opportunities and take a proactive approach to responsibilities.
- Be motivated to continue to learn new skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills to facilitate working within a team and with the customer
One or more of the following additional skills are highly desired but not required:
- Development experience with Twilo
- Development experience with Gherkin/Cucumber
- Development experience with embedded real time operating systems (QNX, Embedded Linux, Android Automotive).
- Development experience with mobile devices running iOS, Android, and/or Windows Mobile.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology