LOCATION: Sofia, Bulgaria
Abalta is a leader in software development in mobile and emerging technology innovation and we are looking for an accomplished and capable Technical Writer to join our team!
Why work for Abalta? We make great products and we solve complex software challenges. We bring together the brightest minds in engineering and business management to deliver solutions that actually matter.
You’ll love working here because we empower and encourage our team members to pursue cool ideas, think for themselves, and make mistakes. If your passion extends beyond the role, we’ll invite your views and assistance with improving our culture, systems, and processes. Learning and growth are part of our culture at Abalta. Here, you’ll be able to work on a variety of projects with many different types of people across the globe.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents, including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation for our products.
- Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality.
- Write, format, edit, review, and proof procedural and technical information for technical and non-technical users.
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and client deliverables.
- Maintain a library of application documentation, cataloging it for internal and/or external use.
- Publish and maintain templates for written documentation produced by others (technical specifications, RFP responses, etc.), ensuring a consistent “look and feel.”
- Work with the subject matter experts from product management, engineering, marketing, and support to ensure all documentation needs are fulfilled.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Writer in an IT development environment.
- Ability to work in a highly challenging and complex environment by maintaining high standards of accuracy in terms of quality & quantity.
- Strong ownership and accountability.
- Experience in creating documentation for audiences with different levels of technical skill.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Experience in presenting technical information in a live setting, such as classroom training, presentations, or video conference.
- Good Time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and have the ability to work independently with little oversight/direction.
- Strong skills coordinating with remote, distributed & international teams.
- A vibrant personality who exudes “Positive Energy” & brings a “Can-Do attitude”.
- Willing to work with small and highly qualified teams (5-25 Team Members) while having a strong sense to effectively communicate with different groups of stakeholders.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products including Vision, Microsoft OneDrive documents and spreadsheet, Google drive, mail, calendars.
Not required, but awesome:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical field such as computer science or a focus on English, writing, or communications.
- Experience creating and editing infographics such as diagrams, screenshots, workflows, graphs, etc. Adobe Illustration and Photoshop preferred.
- Working experience with Web and mobile technologies preferably in an Agile/Scrum software development environment.
- Ability to read some programming code.
- Hands-on experience with JIRA or Confluence.
- Hands-on experience using Slack as the communication channel.