Are you an experienced Technical Product Owner looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills and career in a great working environment?
If you are a highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology and have a passion to deliver cutting-edge products, we have the perfect job for you!
We’re looking for a Product Owner that’s focused on building the right stories at the right time while steering the “content” and representing our customers in the Agile team.
Abalta is a leader in software development in mobile and emerging technology innovation and we are looking for an accomplished and capable Technical Product Owner to join our Product team! Our mission is to support the digital transformation for all types of vehicles across the world by providing solutions to enhance the driving experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with defining the product vision, product roadmap and growth opportunities
• Provide the vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders (internal and external) including Sales, Marketing, Product, and Customers throughout the project
• Create, plan, and prioritize all items needed for the whole Team to deliver a top-notch product to the market.
• Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
• Work closely with the Project Manager to provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
• Own the creation and management of product specifications
• Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
• Support the planning of product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
• Research and analyze the market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
• Follow our competitors and the industry
• Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
Why work for Abalta?
We make great products, and we solve complex software challenges. We bring together the brightest minds in engineering and business management to deliver solutions that actually matter.
You’ll love working here because we empower and encourage our team members to pursue cool ideas, think for themselves, and make mistakes. If your passion extends beyond the role, we’ll invite your views and assistance with improving our culture, systems, and processes. Learning and growth are part of our culture at Abalta. Here, you’ll be able to work on a variety of projects with many different types of people across the globe.
• At least 5 years of previous working experience as a Product Owner in an IT development environment
• Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a highly challenging and complex environment by maintaining high standards of accuracy in terms of quality & quantity.
• Strong ownership and accountability
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar relevant field
• In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
• 3 or more years of hands-on experience with JIRA and Confluence. Previous Admin access and responsibilities to these tools are a plus.
• Excellent documentation and specification creation skills
• Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
• Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
• Creative thinker with a vision
• Attention to details
• Excellent organizational and time management skills while having the ability to work independently with little oversight/direction
• Strong skills coordinating with remote, distributed & international teams.
• A vibrant personality who exudes “Positive Energy” & brings a “Can-Do attitude”
• Willing to work with small and highly qualified teams (5-25 Team Members) while having a strong sense to effectively communicate with different groups of stakeholders
• Experience using Microsoft Office products including Vision, Microsoft OneDrive documents and spreadsheet, Google drive, mail, calendars