Are you an experienced UX/UI Designer looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills and career in a great working environment?
If you are a highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology and have a passion for design, we have the perfect job for you!
Abalta is a leader in software development in mobile and emerging technology innovation and we are looking for an accomplished and UX/UI designer to join our team!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Product, Engineering, and Marketing departments to create the design direction for the company
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Create the vision for the UX/UI of our products and marketing assets while delivering all assets needed for production
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets for our products and marketing collateral
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate what the functionality will look like
- Prepare and present designs to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Update existing designs and layouts based on user feedback
- Design and produce graphics for marketing activities including web, email, print, presentations, and other company needs.
Why work for Abalta? We make great products and we solve complex software challenges. We bring together the brightest minds in engineering and business management to deliver solutions that actually matter.
You’ll love working here because we empower and encourage our team members to pursue cool ideas, think for themselves, and make mistakes. If your passion extends beyond the role, we’ll invite your views and assistance with improving our culture, systems, and processes. Learning and growth are part of our culture at Abalta. Here, you’ll be able to work on a variety of projects with many different types of people across the globe. Last, but not least you’ll immediately be eligible for benefits including health insurance, retirement savings, flexible work from home, and much more.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience designing & shipping a software product
- At least 3 years of professional design experience
- Having Interaction Design skills (research, creating personas and user stories, wireframing, prototyping)
- Clearly communicating with clients and internal stakeholders to understand their requirements and business logic of the product and pitch design ideas to them accordingly
- High quality updated work available to show us (PDF portfolios are okay). Please attach this to your initial application
- Understanding of Agile development principles and willingness to work in an iterative design process (you work fast and can take criticism)
- Proficiency in Sketch/Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of iOS and Android design guidelines
- In depth understanding of design principles such as layouts, color and composition and typography
Not required, but a plus!
- Experience with prototyping tools (InVision, Marvel, Principle etc)